vendredi 21 septembre 2012

Mega Man 11 SP CD cover art

Based on Mega Man 9 Arrange Soundtrack cover

Based on Mega Man 9 Soundtrack cover

Here are the two covers I made for the upcoming MegaMan 11 Soundtrack Project, gathering all the artworks I created (select screen, boss sprites, wallpaper).
MM11 SP is an art/musical fan tribute to the currently in deep coma Mega Man. Several artists joined the talented and fantasque Xavier 'mv' Dang to create a full OST in NES fashion. +26 tracks     
hand-made with love and bienveillance in the pure tradition of the ancients.

There are two things I really like in life : music and videogames. So obviously I absolutely adore videogame music. I can almost use the term 'possessed by'. I just listen H24 great symphonical classics while working, such as Homeworld, SOTC, Journey etc, and can't stop whistling melodies from Sonic or MegaMan while out. So I'm very glad I could participate in this project, which in my opinion is one of the best 'amateur' chiptune album I listened to, way above 90% of OCRemix production at least.

It was also an interesting experience from an artistic point of view, by many ways. First It gave me the opportunity to do two things I never did : a printable CD Cover and pixel art. Those are now two skills I'm glad to have added to my 'Job Class'.
Also I've always been a great fan of Megaman X artwork, some characters are even pinned in front of my working desk, and I've always looked at those luminous, bubbly designs with admiration. So I really tried to work like if I worked for Capcom, with the restraints tied to a NES design, wanting to do simple forms with clean overlays and only a few colors at your disposal.

MM11 SP will be released on 9/30/12 by several means : .rar archive, youtube, website. Get hyped and stay tuned !

Robot masters art is inspired from original designs by : Frédéric 'Kitsunee' Beaufort, Adrien 'Lyaan' MourierVincent 'Vinzpak' Paquiom, Olivier 'Ashton' Prud'homme, Nicolas 'Van_Niko' Sirigu.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire